- Lady fingers
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tbs instant coffee
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cram
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- Stir in coffee to hot water and set aside to cool.
- Whisk in sugar to the egg yolks until mixture is fluffy and turns a pale yellow.
- Mix in the masarpone to the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk the cream to form soft peaks (till it thickens but don’t over whisk you’ll turn it to butter)
- Pour the whipped cream into the egg mixture and fold.
- Dip lady fingers into coffee and begin to layer the dessert in your choice of serving tin/ bowl/glass. Cream then lady fingers, cream then lady fingers. Don’t soak the lady fingers in the coffee for too long, they will fall apart if you do.